Family Support Group
NOTE: NAMI Franklin County support groups are strictly closed groups and confidential spaces. Students are NOT permitted to observe.
mental illness. Scroll down for meeting times and locations.
Some important concepts you’ll learn at Support Group:
- See the individual first, not the illness.
- Recognize that mental illnesses are brain disorders that may have environmental triggers.
- Gain insight and empathy from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination.
- Forgive yourself and reject guilt.
- Embrace humor as healthy.
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem.
- Aim for better coping skills and work for a better future in a realistic way.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a model that ensures everyone has an opportunity to be heard. They are:
- Free of cost
- Led by adult family members who have been trained to facilitate a NAMI Family Support Group.
- Not structured to recommend or endorse specific medical treatments.
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength, develop supportive relationships and a sense of community, and learn how to identify and use local resources.
Contact: Sherri Meyers (614) 501-6264, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please consider a donation to support our efforts.
Meeting Times and Locations
Due to COVID-19 and Governor DeWine’s mandate, we will be meeting on ZOOM. Use Meeting ID (9403858038) and (6145016264) as the password to join.
First Tuesday of each month, 5:30-7:00 p.m.,
Mount Carmel, New Albany Auditorium, 7277 Smith Mills Rd., New Albany, OH 43054
Second Wednesday of each month, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
NAMI Ohio, 1225 Dublin Rd, Suite 125, Columbus, OH 43215
Third Thursday of each month, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Bexley United Methodist Church, 2657 E. Broad Street, Palm Room, Bexley, OH 43209
Fourth Tuesday of each month, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Trinity United Methodist Church 4850 Haughn Rd., Grove City, OH 43123
Fourth Wednesday of each month, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Columbus Metropolitan Library, Main Library, Third Floor Conference Room, 96 South Grant Avenue, Columbus, OH 43215
Note: The 2/26/20 group will be held at NAMI Ohio, 1225 Dublin Rd., Columbus, OH 43215
REMINDER: NAMI Franklin County support groups are strictly closed groups and confidential spaces.
Students are NOT permitted to observe.