Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Be a NAMI Member
10. It doesn’t cost a lot. $40 is all it takes for individuals to join NAMI. It only costs $5 with an Open Door membership from a NAMI Affiliate!
9. Discounts. Receive member-only discounts in the NAMI Store and reduced registration fees for the NAMI National Convention.
8. Excellent articles. The NAMI Advocate magazine and access to online member-only content and subscriptions to online newsletters and reports provide important and timely information.
7. Wide-spread assistance. Each NAMI membership benefits an extensive network of NAMI Affiliates and NAMI State Organizations as well as the national NAMI organization. Receive notices about local meetings, support groups, educational programs and advocacy alerts.
6. Connect with social media. OK2Talk, You Are Not Alone and NAMI AIR create new, important, virtual ways to share, learn and receive encouragement. Membership dollars help keep these channels open.
5. Fight stigma. Membership helps NAMI to present more than 8,000 stigma-busting community awareness presentations each year like NAMI In Our Own Voice and NAMI Ending the Silence.
4. Aid the NAMI HelpLine. Membership dues keep the NAMI HelpLine phones and emails answered. The HelpLine provides information, resource referrals and peer support to more than 50,000 people each year.
3. Keep programing free. Membership helps ensure that NAMI’s programs like NAMI Basics, NAMI Family-To-Family or NAMI Peer-To-Peer, NAMI Family Support Groups and NAMI Connection stay free to anyone wanting to attend.
2. People will listen. The voices of NAMI members strengthen the organization’s impact with local, state and national leaders and legislators to spread awareness, shape legislation and remove stigmas.
1. Because NAMI’s mission is to improve the lives of people affected by mental illness. If this is your passion to, NAMI is where you belong.
It’s Easy, Join Us Today!
There are two ways to become a part of NAMI today:
- Create a free NAMI.org account to start connecting with NAMI and to get all the latest updates.
- Become a NAMI member at all three levels of the organization—national, state and local—with one payment! We have three membership rates depending on what makes the most sense for you:
- $60 per year for a Household membership that includes all members of a household living at the same address
- $40 per year for a Regular membership which is an individual membership for one person
- $5 per year for an Open Door membership for an individual member with limited financial resources